We are looking for a core group of 8-14 people who will make a commitment to volunteer at Manna Food Bank on a monthly basis.
Tasks involve sorting bread and canned food, packing produce, making Manna Packs for children in need of weekend food and many more food-related activities. We are looking to choose the first Friday of each month from 1-3 pm. Please sign up if you are willing to make this ongoing commitment.
Craig comes to us from Temple Torat Emet in Delray Beach where he served as its Executive Director.
Previously, he was Managing Director for the Delray Center for the Arts, and for sixteen years, Assistant Director for the Jewish Community Center of the Greater Palm Beaches.
Craig will assume overall responsibility for Temple administration and will directly support the Board of Trustees and the Rabbi.
Craig lives in Asheville with his wife and two children.
Please welcome Craig the next time you visit the Temple!
After a year in the making, the new website changes the way CBHT communicates with its members, the community, and the world. Telling the stories of CBHT is a major focus shift. The website will be the “go to” place for current information, discussions, temple highlights, schedules, and blogs.
Some of the New Features and functions
- Responsive layout – Changes based on size and orientation of device, e.g. smartphones to desktop displays See example
- Conversations – Blogs, comments, posts See example
- Live and Interactive Calendars – Multiple views and by categories See example
- Online forms and sign-ups
- Top Stories are Featured on first page See example
- Highly interactive
- More current content
- More graphics and interactive media
- Read More… – Provides excerpts to see more of what is available and then expand the items when you want more
- Upcoming events on first page – always up-to- date for next 2 weeks
Watch the video story of Rubin talking with Erwin High School students about the Holocaust!
You're at Home Here! An Engaging, Inclusive, Reform Congregation in the Blue Ridge Mountains