Committees…are the Heart and Soul of CBHT. They form the basis of our communal activity and ensure that the mission and vision of our Temple is accomplished.
CBHT maintains both Standing and Special committees. The Standing committees are:
- Executive Committee
- Oversees all activities of the Temple, including any such matters not specifically undertaken by other Committees.
- Prepares the CBHT yearly budget and reviews fiscal policy.
- Ensures that the building and all physical assets, including the grounds, of the Temple are properly maintained and a Security Plan is implemented for the safety of all Congregants.
- Event Liaison
- Technology Support
- In coordination with Rabbi, guides all liturgical and religious rituals, including guidance of the musical program.
- Prepares and presents to the Congregation a slate of Trustees and Officers for election to the CBHT Board.
- Administers the Temple’s Cemetery according to policies and procedures established by the Board.
- Develops and assesses board development and annually reviews the CBHT By-laws and guidelines.
- Tikkun Olam
- Addresses social justice and social action concerns and provides the opportunity for congregants to become involved in acts of mizvot within the community at large.
- Congregational Engagement
- Provides leadership to and co-ordinates Temple affiliation, the Religious School and Lifelong Learning as means by which members can connect and engage with the Temple Community.
- Religious School
- Lifelong Learning
- Caring Community
The Board may authorize other Standing committees from time to time.
Special committees are established as needed for special tasks and its activities are limited to the accomplishment of those tasks. Examples are:
- Strategic Planning
For a complete description of the responsibilities of the Standing committees, please refer to the CBHT By-Laws here.