Welcome to the Humor Corner (HC). Check back to catch your Jewish chuckle, giggle, snicker, hoot, snort, cackle, chortle, guffaw, hysterics jitter, or double up of the day.
Of course, HC comes with the usual disclaimers. CBHT is not responsible for any after effects …except for helping you feel better, lighter of head and tummy, and throughout the day flashbacks of what you read and chortled over.
- The optometrist sees the donuts. The pessimist sees the hole.
- If you can't say something nice, say it in Yiddish.
- It's not who you know. It's who you know had a nose job.
- If it tastes good, it's probably not Kosher.
- Who else could've invented the 50 - minute hour?
- WASPs never leave and never say good-bye. Jews say good - bye and never leave.
- Twenty percent off is a bargain. 50% off a Mitzvah.
- Israel is the land of milk and honey. Florida the land of milk of magnesia.
- Pork is forbidden. A pig in a blanket makes a nice hors d'oeuvre.
- The High Holidays have absolutely nothing to do with marijuana.
- Where there is smoke. There may be smoked salmon.
- Never take a front row seat at a bris.
- Never leave a restaurant empty-handed.
- Spring ahead. Fall back. Winter in Miami Beach.
- According to Jewish dietary law, pork and shellfish can be eaten only in a Chinese restaurant.
- No meal is complete without leftovers.
- What business is a yenta in? Yours.
- Laugh now. One day you'll be driving a big car and eating dinner at four in the afternoon.
- Schmeer today, gone tomorrow.
A man is rescued from a desert island after 20 years. The news media, amazed at this feat of survival, ask him to show them his home.
"How did you survive? How did you keep sane?" they ask him, as he shows them around the small island.
"I had my faith. My faith as a Jew kept me strong. Come."
He leads them to a small glen where stands an opulent temple, made entirely from palm fronds, coconut shells, and woven grass. The news cameras take pictures of everything - even a Torah made from banana leaves and written in octopus ink.
"This took me five years to complete."
"Amazing! And what did you do for the next 15 years?"
"Come with me."
He leads them around to the far side of the island. There, in a shady grove, is an even more beautiful temple.
"This one took me 12 years to complete."
The reporter asked "But sir, why did you build two temples?"
"This is the temple I attend. That other place? Hah! I wouldn't set foot in that other temple if you paid me!"
Which one do you belong to?Read_more_...
A dentist was examining a new patient. "Oh, my" he said. "This is the biggest cavity I've ever seen. The biggest cavity I've ever seen."
"Was that really necessary?" asked the patient.
"What do you mean?"
"I'm frightened enough as it is. Why did you repeat yourself about the size of the cavity?"
"I didn't," said the dentist. "That was the echo."
Sometimes in life, one must just say it twice.Read_more_...
A resident arrived to these shores was trying to orient himself to his new land.
"Tell me something" he asked a friend. "How far is it from New York to Philadelphia?"
About 100 miles," answered the friend.
And from Philadelphia to New York?"
Why, it is the same distance, naturally."
What's so natural, retorted the newcomer. Backwards and forwards is not necessarily the same distance.
For example, from Purim to Passover is one month. But from Passover to Purim, isn't it 11 months?"
Professor Higgins: "Good morning sir. How are you?"
Professor Einstein: "Relative to what?"
...and everything is, isn't it?Read_more_...
Real or fake news? It's up to you.
Harry returned home furious. "The waiter at Epstein's Deli
is the freshest guy I ever met in my life," he stormed.
"Why, what happened," asked his wife.
"I told him I couldn't eat my salad without some Russian dressing.
So, he brought me a picture of Putin putting on his pants."