CBHT Sisterhood – We Make A Difference
We are the Sisterhood of Congregation Beth HaTephila working together to serve our Temple, support our community, and enrich our live through personal growth and friendship.
Who We Are
- We offer strength and support to the congregation at large as well as to our own membership.
- We come from many locations, backgrounds, teaching and experiences.
- We are united to develop meaningful ties to Judaism, one another and our congregation.
What We Support
- All Temple activities and functions as well as the religious school.
- Our membership by having special events, such as programs, fundraising activities and informal luncheons.
- The Temple gift shop.
- High Holiday special onegs.
- Social action activities that benefit our members and our community.
Come join us and enjoy the camaraderie. We each bring our special talents to share with the group and the community, making the events we plan very special, and we have fun!
Jewish womanhood, from the women of Valor extolled in the Bible, down to a recent heroine, Golda Meir, has represented faith, loyalty and love.
As Sisterhood women, we are special women of faith. We are surrounded by others who share that faith and care as we care. We know each other, not only by name, but by commitment.
We have experienced the strength we can impart to each other when our hearts are joined in spirit. We know the impact we can have upon our community and society when our minds are of a single purpose. We have seen the contribution we can make to our synagogue, to the Reform movement and to Judaism when our hands are united. We are adding our voices to those of Reform Jewish women everywhere, and are translating the principles of Judaism into action and concern.
So, may we continue to act as partners in sustaining and transmitting a heritage of faith, and may we appreciate more than ever the opportunity that Sisterhood affords us to live more deeply as women of faith.